What conditions are treated with Flexion-Distraction Therapy?
- Disc Herniations / Bulging Disc
- Whiplash Injuries / Auto Accident Injuries
- Arm Pain
- Sciatica / Leg Pain
- Neck Pain
- Failed Back Surgeries
- Failed Steroid Injections
- Degenerative Disc Disease
Many other conditions that are not listed above. For a complete list of conditions treated with Flexion-Distraction, visit www.coxtechnique.com
How Does Flexion-Distraction Work?
Flexion-Distraction therapy is a non-surgical approach to spinal conditions, utilizing a special table for treatments. This table allows for decompression and axial distraction of the spinal joints under the guidance of the doctor. Treatments last between 5 and 15 minutes, and may be repeated between one to ten times depending on the severity of your condition. Flexion- Distraction Therapy has been proven to: ! • decrease pressure on spinal nerves • drop intradiscal pressure • widen the spinal canal opening • return motion to joints !! What Does Flexion-Distraction Feel Like?
Flexion-Distraction therapy is relaxing and relieving of pain. It involves gentle motions, where the doctor is in control the entire time. There are no quick movements and no noise. Imagine taking the pressure off of a sore nerve- that’s literally what it is and what it feels like.
According to a recent research study published in the European Spine Journal
- “Overall, flexion-distraction therapy provided more pain relief than active exercise [the medical conservative approach]; however, these results varied based on stratification of patients  with and without radiculopathy [extremity/leg pain/sciatica] and  with and without recurrent symptoms.”
- “Patients with radiculopathy did significantly better with FD [flexiondistraction].”
Call 303-651-7003 now to schedule your appointment for non surgical pain relief.